Just as healthy eating and exercise are crucial for your health, studies have shown that having a good sleep is equally critical for your well-being. A night of good sleep brings you several health benefits. It boosts concentration and productivity, maximises athletic performance, control calorie intake, and reduces the risk of heart disease, stroke, and diabetes.
While several factors are affecting your sleep, the most critical factor would be your choice of bed. From mattress size, such as king single mattress, to their types and firmness, all of these elements can impact your quality of sleep. This article gives you a walk-through of all the essential things you need to pay attention to before buying a mattress.
Available sizes of bed
There are several sizes of mattress in the market, including king single mattress. Choosing the right size of bed which fits the customers’ situations and needs are vital, especially when it comes to space management and comfort. The following are some of the standard bed sizes in the industry:
- Crib size mattress: This mattress is by far the smallest one in the market, measuring about 28″ by 52″. It is typically used by children or babies.
- Single size mattress: It measures about 30″ by 75″ and usually fit for one average person.
- Twin or size mattress: It measures about 38″ by 75″. It is typically popular amongst young adults or teenagers who live alone.
- Full-size mattress: It measures about 54″ by 75″, which has the same height as a twin mattress but slightly wider.
- Queen size mattress: It measures about 60″ by 80″ and is the most popular mattress type.
- King size mattress: It measures about 76″ by 80″ and usually bought by people who sleep with a partner but still prefer having their own space.
Firmness of mattress
Choosing the right firmness of the bedding usually comes down to the customers’ sleeping position. Those who sleep on their stomach should pick a firm mattress which can help maintain their spine aligned.
People who love sleeping on their back, on the other hand, should pick a medium-firm mattress that can provide support for their neck and back. Soft mattresses are more suitable for people who sleep on their side since the bed can support their body curves. Meanwhile, we recommend you click the following link to see top rated foam mattress.
The different types of mattresses
Mattress type selection usually depends on the customers’ personal preference. Some of the different kinds of beds available in the market include:
- Coil mattress (continuous and open coil) which is typically lighter and cheaper
- Memory foam mattress which has a top layer of a temperature-sensitive viscoelastic component
- Latex foam mattress which is made with a mixture of natural and synthetic latex
- Pocket spring mattress which has up to 3,000 springs inside
- The hybrid mattress which is a blend of memory foam and spring bed
How to choose the right mattress
Aside from selecting the proper size, types, and firmness of mattresses, customers should consider the following before making a purchase.
- Price: Price is often the top consideration when it comes to any purchase. While cheaper bed seems tempting, customers should never sacrifice their sleep for money. Choose a decent mattress with reasonable price.
- Quality: A quality mattress can stand the test of time and help customers to save money on repair or replacement in the long run.
- Return Policy: Most suppliers offer a 30-day return policy. This warranty is essential to give customers a chance to return the bed if it is not up to their taste.
Buying a new mattress is an important endeavour and deserves your attention. After all, a comfortable, decent quality mattress contributes to good sleep. To choose the best mattress which fits your needs, you may need to consider several factors which include its size, firmness, type, price, quality, and warranty.