Small Appliance Repair Company
There are days that just don’t go right and your appliances decide to quit on you. You decide that you don’t have the funds to purchase new appliances, so you do the next best thing and call the small appliance repair company. Having a small appliance repairman come out to fix your broken appliance is usually a less expensive option.
You can look on the internet to find a repairman that will come to your home to work on your appliance. You could also look up appliance repair with libertyapplianceservices.com and see how they can help you. They would be glad to help you fix your issues.
When do you know if it is time to repair your appliances – or time to buy new? What do you need to know before you choose? This article will give you some information so that you know when to do what.
When Do You Know?
1. Is it really broken? There are some things that you need to check before you decide your item is broken. The first thing is the simplest – is your stove plugged in? Sometimes it could become unplugged if you moved it around for some reason. Next, check your breakers to make sure that you haven’t tripped any breakers – this is another easy fix that people sometimes forget. Check to see if your floor has become uneven from wear and tear or from some sort of incident. Sometimes this could cause your stove to stop working. Also check to see if vents and filters are clear of debris – that will sometimes cause it to stop working.
2. Is it still under warranty? Check your owner’s manual or other records to see if your refrigerator is still under warranty. If it is, it can be repaired or replaced for free or a very low cost in most cases. You will want to call the service repairman on your records to have them come out and check your refrigerator.
3. Is it truly at the end of its useful life? Appliances such as dryers have an average lifespan. After this typical period of time, your dryer is on borrowed time. The closer your dryer is to its death date, the wiser it is to replace it rather than repair it. See here for some typical lifespans for appliances: https://www.houselogic.com/organize-maintain/home-maintenance-tips/when-to-repair-or-replace-large-appliances/. You can check this list to see if your appliance is near its death date.
4. How to follow the 50% rule. As of 2021, the average cost to repair a washing machine was between $100 and $300. If this is 50% of the cost of buying a new one, or if it is within 50% of its lifespan – buy a new one. To figure out the true cost, call a repairman and get an estimate. You can also see the above chart to see if it is within 50% of its lifespan.
5. Do-it-yourself if you can. If you know how to do simple repairs, you might see if you can fix your dryer by yourself. There are lots of videos online that can show you how to do simple repairs. You could search through your owner’s manual to see if you could troubleshoot the issue. If you have lost the manual, you could probably find one of those online, as well. Look here to see if you can find a manual for your appliance. You have to be sure that you know what the issue is before you attempt to repair it, because the parts that you buy may not be refundable. You also may void any warranties by doing the job yourself, as well.
6. Calculating whether energy efficiency is cost effective. Most appliances are energy efficient nowadays and promise hundreds of dollars in energy savings. The problem with that is that you will spend thousands on a new refrigerator. If you are planning on staying in your home for 15 years or more, then it might be cost effective for you to get a new one.
7. Hidden costs when replacing old appliances. The cost of replacing the old appliance might have more costs involved than just buying a new appliance. If you need a new refrigerator, the old spot might not fit the new appliance. You will need to do some carpentry work to make it fit. If you decide to replace your electric range with a gas one, you will likely have to pay extra money to have gas lines brought in. You need to think about these hidden costs when you are needing to replace an old appliance.
There may be an easy fix to your old appliance – something as simple as making sure that it is plugged in. You might need to replace an appliance, but it is almost always better if you can get it repaired instead. Repairing an older appliance might save you hundreds of dollars.