Your bed is the focal point of your bedroom, and you can make it stand out by choosing high-quality velvet fabric for your bed. Velvet has always been associated with royalties. But, gone are the old times when this fabric is only intended and used by the rich. In this modern era, velvet bed fabric is available for everyone at a price worth its finest qualities, but not as expensive as gold.
One particular type of this fabric is called crushed velvet or crinkle velvet, which looks stunning and luxurious. It has an irregular pattern and crumpled texture that makes up its crushed effect, achieved by twisting the fabric while it’s wet during the manufacturing process.
So, how do you design your bedroom to complement your crushed velvet bed? Take a look at some of the great bedroom design tips below.
1. Choose The Perfect Luxury Mattress
Crushed velvet beds pick up the light and take on a beautiful and shinier visual texture. Hence, your bedroom looks more luxurious and glamorous, perfect to treat your body and mind after a long day of work.
And, you can best complement a crushed velvet bed with a high-quality mattress that you can conveniently purchase online, such as from The Luxury Bed Co. Choose a luxury mattress, made from the finest materials and excellent craftsmanship. You’ll even find a luxury mattress, with hand-crafted touches, thick comfort layers, and taller than an average mattress.
2. Upgrade Your Beddings
Crushed velvet beds come in an irregular patterned style that captures the light, captures the eyes, and conveys glamour. Because a velvet bed frame brings a major dash into your bedroom, one of the best ways to complement it is picking high-end bed covers and pillowcases.
Do you want to mimic sleeping in a luxury hotel? Then, use a luxury comforter made of soft, smooth materials with intricate textures. Make your crushed velvet bed more heavenly with a crisp neutral-colored cotton duvet cover. You can also consider picking a classic stripe design in cotton sateen that looks iconic. Select beautiful patterns and textures of comforters, such as tufting, pleats, satin, or velvet, to elevate your bedroom space.
Whatever material of beddings you choose, make sure to consider your utmost comfort. Choose hypoallergenic materials of pillowcases, blankets, and comforters for an itch-free sleep.
3. Incorporate Secret Storage Through Ottoman
Choose a crushed velvet bed in an ottoman style. Ottoman beds have secret compartments underneath them, and which can be opened and closed using their gas-lift hydraulics.
Just imagine having a glamorous and functional bedroom space at the same time that a crushed velvet ottoman bed can offer. With its concealed and high storage capacity, you’ll have a perfect place to store almost anything, such as:
- Bedroom essentials: If you’re looking for additional space to store your towels, bedsheets, blankets, and pillows, ottoman beds are your best option.
- Your collections: Magazines, DVDs, silverware, musical instruments, and smaller furniture items
- Sports Equipment: Some examples include your golf equipment, balls, and rackets
4. Upgrade Your Lighting
Lighting is a vital aspect of your bedroom interior. It illuminates your room and can even completely transform the overall look and ambiance of your space. So, how do you design your bedroom to complement your crushed velvet bed using lighting? Here’s how:
- Pendant Lamp: Because crushed velvet beds depict luxury and glamour, choose a unique pendant lamp. Pendant lights look classy, yet affordable. Installing a pendant light lamp is a decorative way to upgrade your bedroom space.
- String Lights: Do you want a dreamy bedroom? If yes, then you can hang string lights or fairy lights to create a cozy atmosphere in your bedroom, perfectly matching your crushed velvet bed. You can use clear wall hooks to hang your string lights up.
- Wall Sconces: These lighting fixtures are installed on either side of the bed, which makes night-time reading more enjoyable. Wall sconces should be installed six-feet high. You can make some adjustments if your bedroom ceiling is high or if your velvet bed is lower to the ground. Choose upward-facing sconces that are above eye level to hide the bulbs.
5. Choose The Best Style Of Headboard And Footboard
Installing the best type of headboard and footboard will add glamour and drama to your luxurious bed. So, how do you choose the best headboard and footboard for your crushed velvet bed?
Headboards keep your pillows in place and provide back support. Crushed velvet beds have headboards that can be smooth, paneled, or buttoned. A smooth headboard option provides a comfortable place to lean. The buttoned velvet headboard depicts elegance because of its beautiful decorative design. On the other hand, a panel-type headboard pattern is flexible that matches your velvet bed.
A footboard stops the mattress from slipping and gives your velvet bed a more conventional look. The two footboard options are low and high footboards. If you want to make your crushed velvet bed more attention-grabbing, opt for a high footboard. High footboards are cozy and chic. For a contemporary feel, a low footboard is advised.
6. Choose The Best Bedroom Colors
The luxurious colors you can include in your bedroom décor are gold, silver, white, and grey. Choose the best bedroom colors that complement your crushed velvet bed. For instance, a deep lavender crushed velvet bed works well with white bedroom wall paint, with grey trim. Gold and silver lighting fixtures and furniture pieces match the elegance of your velvet bed.
When it comes to other bedroom decorations, be minimalistic as much as possible to avoid overwhelming the eyes. Remember that a crushed velvet bed has its own shimmer and adding a lot of decors can tire the eyes, which can affect the mood for sleep and relaxation.
Apply the above-mentioned design tips in your next bedroom project. Complement your crushed velvet bed by choosing the perfect mattress and incorporating storage space. Revamp your bedroom décor to make your room more modern luxurious or traditional elegant. Once you’ve finalized your interior design plan, then you’ll reap the maximum benefits of sleeping restfully in your cozy and comfortable crushed velvet bed.