Popular deck wood types are oak, cherry, birch, maple, and pine, among the most attractive types of wood you could use to create a magnificent deck. However, decks built with these kinds of woods are often expensive. It is because of this that many homeowners prefer to use composite deck boards instead. These deck boards are made from recycled or reclaimed wood chips, which are then combined with other materials like veneers and resin. While there are many advantages in using these kinds of materials, there are also some disadvantages that you should take into consideration as well. It is always advisable to consult with a professional contractors like GTA Decks Toronto before investing your time and finance. And just visit the following link to order G&B Quality Cedar Products online.
Best Wood for your decks
- Softwood decks are naturally resistant to decay and insect attacks. However, due to the high amount of contact with water, it can become vulnerable to rot and mildew, as well as become susceptible to insect infestation. Redwood, cedar, and pine are popular examples of softwood decks. They are naturally resistant to decay, insect attacks, and water damage, however, they do require regular maintenance and may require sealing and treatment once in a while. Cherry, oak, maple, and walnut are popular softwood decks because of their resistance to decay and insects.
- Hardwood decking materials are usually more durable and stronger than softwood decking materials. However, due to the high amount of contact with water, it can sometimes become vulnerable to rot and mildew, as well as become susceptible to insect attack. Redwood, cedar, pine, birch, and maple are examples of hardwood decking materials. They are naturally resistant to decay, insect attacks, and water damage, however, they do require regular maintenance and may require sealant and treatment once in a while.
- Pressure-treated lumber is decking material that has been subjected to extreme pressure. This treatment helps prevent fungal and insect infestation and prolongs the lumber’s durability. A variety of pressure-treated woods are available, including eucalyptus, cypress, and grape. Cypress is the best wood for pressure-treated wood decking because it does not readily rot, nor does it decay easily.
- Cedar is another popular choice for decks. It is one of the best wood for constructing outdoor decks. It is resistant to rot, insect attacks, and water penetration. It is also resistant to insects, which is why it is used for making asphalt paver decks. One of the best woods for building materials used on patios is cedar. It is resistant to decay, weathering, and pests. It is also resistant to UV rays. In addition to being resistant to insects, cedar also shows its beauty during different times of the year. The best part about cedar is that it ages well with time. Patios are great places to use cedar wood decking materials because it looks nice even years after it was first built.
- Redwood is very durable and is very dense. It makes a great material for decking because it is resistant to decay, weathering, and insects. It is commonly used for constructing outdoor decks because it is dense and strong. A few varieties of redwood are gray, white, black, and silvery brown; these varieties differ from each other in their color and shade of brown.
Choose something for long term
There are many other types of wood that can be used for constructing decks. However, these are some of the materials that you may want to consider using for your backyard deck or patio. When deciding on what the best wood for decks is for you, remember to choose a material that is resistant to decay and weathering. You also want to choose a material that has a natural color that compliments the surrounding environment. Finally, you need to choose a decking type that will match the style of your home and will work well with different types of outdoor furniture you have in your outdoor setting.