The copybook rule to be safe on the road is to be attentive, not be neglected from your side, and not over-speed your vehicle. However, accidents are always unprecedented. They can meet you anywhere, anytime, or in any way. It would be best if you made yourself prepared for these uninvited guests.
If you meet up with such type of situation on the road where the mistake is not fully from your side, then you must keep in your mind the following tips which may help you in making a wise decision when indulging in such situations:-
- Call the police:- Make the cops know about the accident that happened in which condition and give all the details of the incident. Police will file an FIR and which is a must at that time. This will become a piece of effective evidence at the time of car insurance claim as this FIR involves the date and time of the incident, witness statement, condition of the road, damages caused, and how the accident occurred.
- Never leave the accident location:-When an accident takes place, never leave the spot. Most people think that they will skip all the penalties or difficulties caused by running away from the spot. They ultimately put themselves in great trouble by doing such a thing as the law provides a huge penalty on the individual who leaves the accident spot. So never leave the spot, if possible, provide medical care to the person injured.
- Note relevant information:-Police will do his part, but you have some duties too, note down or record all the information which you consider relevant. Take pictures of the damage, condition in which the accident happened, whether the party is drunk or driving negligently, contact details of the party and number of the plate. Ensure that you have third-party insurance and have its details too.
- Neither get angry nor admit your fault:- Never get angry while in conversation with a third party. It is understandable that after seeing your property, i.e. damaged without your fault, you will get angry, but the key behind it is never to lose your temper and deal with the situation calmly.
Additionally, do not admit any of your faults immediately after the accident or in front of any insurance company officials. The insurance company can use these statements against you for not paying the amount claimed.
- Take proper assistance:-After the incident, do not overshadow the calls from insurance companies or insurers. You should continuously contact them. If the matter is getting complicated, immediately contact your injury lawyer. They will assure you that further proceedings like talking to the insurance company for claim amount, are handled by them. Yes, of course, this is a time taking process, but you have to manage all this if you want the best.
Lastly, just a helpful tip for you all, do not accept any of the direct amount offered by the party immediately after the accident. Also, keep in mind that the insurance company just completed the damage survey before you repair your car. Click on https://injuryshield.com/arizona-car-accident-lawyer/ to know more.