Sports betting is becoming more popular, especially in recent years, when online betting is now more available and accessible to many people around the world. But, despite the popularity, there are still a lot of people that don’t really know how to win bets.
Of course, there is a little bit of luck involved in winning bets and choosing the winning college basketball picks today, but there are certain things that you can actually do to increase your chances of winning. To know more, here are tips for getting more wins for sports betting.
Learn the Common Terms in Sports Betting
To make it easy for you to bet, you would need to learn and memorize the common terms used for sports betting. There are various terms utilized in sportsbooks or betting houses, but there are some that are considered more widely used or popular than others. Here are the details for each of those common terms.
- Over/Under – a type of bet wherein you would have to guess the total number of points scored by the teams or players in a game. For example, you can bet on whether the game can have higher or below 50 total points.
- Moneyline – the type of bet that requires you to choose a winner of the game. The moneyline is arguably the simplest type of bet in sportsbooks.
- Point Spread – a betting type where you would have to bet on a team and guess the margin of victory. For example, you can bet on a specific team or player and then guess how many more points they have compared to their opponent. So, if the winning team scored 85 points and the other team scored 80, then the bettors who predicted that the margin of victory is five points would win.
- Favorite – the team or player that has the higher chance to win a game over their opponent. The favorites would usually have a minus sign on their odds.
- Underdogs – the team or player that is less likely to win in a game against a strong opponent. The underdogs would have a plus sign on their odds.
Learning these terms is vital for sports betting, as they are indicators of what type of bet you will choose and which teams or players are most likely to win or lose in certain games.
Research is the Key
Researching for teams and players and understanding their strengths and weaknesses can actually allow you to win more in bets. Learning the pros and cons of teams and players of different sports enables you to immediately know which ones would win against specific opponents. If there is a basketball team that is good at shooting the 3-point shot, they may struggle against teams that have great perimeter defense that can stop their long-range shots.
Take the time to do research on leagues, teams, and players so that you will have a much better idea of which games and bets would get you more wins. To make it easier for you to do research, you can consult the websites of sports betting analysts that will now only provide you with information about games and players but also tips on how you can win more for various sports.
Always Have 100% Concentration
When betting on games on online sports betting websites or land-based sportsbooks, you should always have 100% concentration, which means that your mind should be calm and collected to make the right decisions or bets. One of the big mistakes that a lot of bettors make whenever they are betting on sportsbooks is that they would bet whenever they are drunk, and because their mind is not in the right state while they are drunk, there is a very big chance that they are making the wrong moves or decisions that would lead to them losing money.
So, it is important for you to be sober and always be in the right state of mind when you are making bets. All of the research and learning that you did previously would all be for nothing when you bet while drunk. So, keep that in mind whenever you are in an online or land-based sportsbook.
Collect More Bonuses
Although bonuses don’t exactly help you win more, they would help you to bet in more games while also not losing a lot of money for those bets. If you don’t know, bonuses are items offered by sportsbooks and casinos to encourage players to play more games and place more bets, as the bonuses give those players extra money. So, if you use a lot of bonuses, you will get more money on your account without the need to deposit a lot.
You can collect different types of bonuses on sports betting websites, like the welcome bonus and the deposit bonus. There are also unique bonuses given by a few websites, so be sure to check out their list of bonuses so that you will know what they are and how to collect them.
And those are just some of the simplest tips we can provide so that you can get more wins for sports betting. Like we have said previously, doing research and having knowledge in various terms could help you win more and make better decisions on where and what to bet.