In a world so deeply rooted in the internet, gaming, digital learning, and large cities with very few natural reserves, the importance of wildlife conservation may just not occur to the younger generation. In this article, I would highlight six importance of teaching Children about WildLife Conservation. You can also see here for reptile parties gold coast.
What is Wildlife Conservation?
The practice of protecting wild animals and their natural habitat to keep them from becoming extinct, enable their reproduction and population growth as well as enhance ecosystems is known as wildlife conservation.
Importance of Wildlife Conservation
The conservation of wildlife is imperative on so many levels, some of these reasons are;
- Biodiversity; biodiversity is the concept of preserving the ecosystems by protecting and preserving the natural food chain, hence wildlife conservation.
- Human Needs; a reduction of a particular species of human beings could largely affect the human race. All life is important and they all affect the ecosystem in their special way; a drastic reduction in one piece could affect human basic needs such as food and water.
- Oxygen; the ecosystem is also largely responsible for the air we breathe in. Wildlife conservation significantly affects the ecosystem and in turn our primary need for survival; air.
The Importance of Teaching Children about Wildlife Conservation
Teaching children about wildlife conservation could prove to have its own merits namely;
- An informed generation who would go on to impact the same on the next generation and so on.
- Kids being of a new generation would devise new plans and methods of conserving wildlife.
- Kids will go ahead to form initiatives, hold fundraisers for wildlife conservation.
- The change will begin with them on a large scale, they will be taught to leave behind only their footprints, recycle plastic waste, and even adopt animals.
- The thrill of saving the world will take them away from the computers and help them interact with their environment even better
What will happen if we do not teach Kids?
If kids are not taught the importance of wildlife conservation, we would;
- Be breeding a generation of kids who will not understand the need to help out ailing planets.
- Have an uninformed generation who will affect the rest and so on
- As this generation tries to conserve wildlife, the younger generation will be unknowingly undoing the efforts
How to Teach Kids About Wildlife Conservation
Kids can be taught wildlife conservation in the same place they learn every other thing; in school. The concept of wildlife conservation should be incorporated into the syllabus of schools on all levels
Social changemakers should make it a point of duty to involve the younger generation in their change-making efforts because after all, they are the ones who will take it over.
Our planet needs all the help it can get to preserve the ecosystem, war against climate change, and conserve wildlife, a great start will be recruiting the younger generation for active change.