The camellia flower, from which the oil is extracted, is a native species to much of East Asia. Until recently, the camellia bloom in the West was primarily used for decoration. The flower is cold-pressed to obtain an oil that is edible, fragrant, and full of medicinal virtues. Oil extracted from the camellia plant has been studied extensively for its special phytonutrient delivery and capacity to lock in moisture. The oil generally produced by human skin, known as sebum, is chemically identical to camellia oil.
Camellia blossoms are highly regarded for their aesthetic value, and their many color variants reflect this. Tsubaki-abura, also known as camellia oil, has a long history of helping Japanese ladies achieve porcelain-like complexion and luxuriously long, glossy hair.
For decades, Japanese women and ancient Geisha have preserved the existence of this highly hydrating oil as a sacred beauty secret. High quantities of the unsaturated fatty acid oleic acid (omega 9) found in Camellia Japonica aid in the repair and maintenance of the skin’s barrier function, which in turn serves to prevent the loss of water and shields the skin from UV radiation and other environmental aggressors. The benefits of camellia oil for face and hair are discussed below:
Camellia Seed Oil’s Beneficial Effects On Hair
Although both men and women in Japan use Camellia oil for its unique hair care capabilities, it is primarily associated with the long, luscious, and shiny hair that Japanese women admire. It contains nourishing ingredients, including oleic acid, proteins, and glycerides, that help hair stays strong, healthy, and shiny.
Because of its potent moisturizing and conditioning effects, Camellia Oil is highly prized for its usage on hair. Aids in repairing, strengthening, and rehydrating dry, damaged hair. Additionally, it protects your skin from the sun’s rays and the elements—the perfect solution for any hair type.
- It helps restore hair’s natural moisture balance while strengthening it.
- Immediately eliminates frizz and split ends without adding excess weight to the hair.
- It adds shine and protects against split ends.
- Effectively treats dry scalp and reduces the likelihood of dandruff.
- This product is most effective when applied to damp hair and used as a leave-in.
Positive Effects Of Camellia Seed Oil On The Face
Using camellia oil for face and skin has been found to have numerous positive effects because of the oleic acids and vitamins in this oil.
Extreme Nutrient Absorption And Hydration
After absorbing the vitamins, your skin will feel and look as soft as velvet. As a natural oil, your skin readily absorbs tea seed oil because it is similar to its own. And it goes right through the epidermis to the dermis.
Calming Inflammation And Bringing Down The Redness
The anti-inflammatory and anti-irritant properties of camellia seed oil are well-documented. This might reduce acne to some extent. Additionally, antioxidants prevent free radicals from further damaging your skin.
Reduction Of Dark Areas (Hyperpigmentation)
Camellia oil has a remarkable effect on the skin that reduces melanin formation. Spots, or hyperpigmentation, result from an overabundance of the pigment melanin in the skin.
Antioxidants and vitamins A and B help keep your skin looking young and healthy by maintaining the cells supple and plump. Because of this, you’ll look younger than you are.
Facial Care: How To Apply Camellia Oil?
Using camellia oil in the following ways will help you achieve smoother, more radiant skin on your face:
Pure Camellia Oil
- 1-2 drops of pure, well-known brand camellia oil
- Put a couple of drops of camellia oil in the palm of your hand.
- Warm the oil by rubbing your hands together.
- Hold your palms on your face for a couple of seconds to allow the oil to penetrate your skin.
- Spend two minutes massaging your face in soft, circular motions.
- Apply to well-cleansed skin and wait 20 minutes. Also, it’s OK to use it just before bedtime.
Camellia Oil With Aloe Vera
- 1–2 drops of Pure camellia oil
- 1 to 2 teaspoons Aloe vera gel
- Use aloe vera gel, around 1 to 2 tablespoons’ worth.
- Put in a couple of drops of camellia oil.
- Apply the mixture to your face and neck and mix well.
- Then leave it for 15 minutes.
- Two minutes of light massage.
- Always do this a full hour before hitting the bed.
Camellia Oil With Olive Oil
- One or two drops of 100% camellia oil
- 6–7 drops of olive oil
- Two frigid spoons or a roller
- Use your palms to combine the olive oil and camellia oil.
- Mix the oils of your palms.
- Cup your hands around your head and neck.
- Use a facial roller or the flat sides of two cold spoons to give your face a soothing massage. Make sure to use ascending motions.
- Keep going for a minute or two.
- Do this daily if your skin is dehydrated. Other than that, you can do it every other day.
Camellia Oil With Milk
- Two Tablespoons of Cow’s Pasteurized Milk (or almond milk)
- A couple of drops of camellia oil
- In a bowl, combine the camellia oil with the milk.
- Use a face pack applicator brush to apply the mask to your face.
- Wait fifteen minutes.
- When washing your face, use water at room temperature.
Camellia Oil With Rose Water
- 50 ml of rose water
- 50 ml of water
- Use five drops of camellia oil
- A clean and uncontaminated spray bottle
- You should add rosewater to the spray container.
- Put in some water and camellia oil. Ensure a good shake before use.
- Incorporate it into your regular skincare routine as a hydrating toner.
Because of its lightweight, camellia oil is equally effective as a daytime and evening skincare routine essential. Apply a small amount in a circular motion all over your face and neck. Makeup that contains tea seed oil lasts all day without looking cakey. The oil may be a liquid or a solid that you could quickly melt in your palm.
This miraculous plant oil is beneficial not only to the skin but also to the hair and nails. As with your skin, your hair benefits from the same necessary nutrients and acids that do similarly for your skin. The protein structure of your hair will be protected from UV damage and maintained this way.