When it comes to home design, installing a residential elevator is more than a luxury because it is essential for mobility, ease of movement, and accessibility. A beautiful home is also functional for every family member to enjoy staying at home comfortably. If you have grandparents or elderly, disabled or sick family members, or you want greater mobility at home, installing a residential elevator is a great idea.
In this post, you’ll learn the important benefits of installing a residential elevator.
Brings a Stylish and Beautiful Home Design
Living in a home with a residential elevator feels like living in a luxury hotel. Imagine the compliments and appreciation you’ll get from elderly visitors and loved ones. Impress your guests and visitors with the lavish elevator feature of your home. To know your available options, you can talk to expert installers such as Nationwide Lifts of TX.
Here’s how you can express your style with the following types of residential elevators:
- Traditional Elevators: These home elevators are also called as traditional cable elevators and traditional hydraulic elevators, which are available in melamine, glass, veneer, or raised hardwood finishes with a weight capacity of 1,000 to 1,500 pounds.
- Shaftless Elevators: It’s a type of residential elevator that is recommended for two-story homes that are generally smaller than traditional lifts, saving space by traveling through a hole up to your balcony or through the floor. Shaftless elevators cause minimal disruption because of the small footprint design.
- Pneumatic Vacuum Elevators or PVE: This type of elevator doesn’t need any piston, chain, counterweight, or cable. PVEs have a tube-shaped cab that perfectly fit to maintain the right atmospheric pressure for lifting.
- Wheelchair Lifts: It’s a safe home transport for disabled family members, most especially those who are already bound to a wheelchair. There are different types of wheelchair lifts, such as an opal model (the enclosed model in walls) or a shaftway model.
- Dumbwaiters: These elevators are space-saving and compact to help move small objects, like books and dishes, from one floor to another.
Aside from improved functionality, installing a residential elevator promotes safety. It minimizes the hazards of climbing stairs, moving a wheelchair, or moving items like luggage, dishes, and wheelchairs, from one floor to another. Also, it avoids extra legwork on your day-to-day life, most especially for seniors.
Here are some elevator safety tips:
- To avoid tripping, always watch your step every time you get in or out of the elevator.
- Use the handrail and stand away from the door, next to the walls.
- If ever you get stuck in the elevator, stay calm and press the emergency contact button or elevator alarm button to get help.
- Don’t use the elevator in the event of a fire. Just take the stairs instead.
Increases the Value of Your Property
Houses with residential lifts are appealing to home buyers because of the increasing elderly population in Texas. According to the U.S. Census Bureau, there are 3.8 million people aged 60 and older in Texas in 2010, which comprise of 15% of the total population in Texas. It is foreseen to increase to 6 million by 2030 or 20% of the state’s total population.
Here are the reasons why installing a residential elevator increases the value of a property in Texas:
- Provides older adults a higher level of mobility, comfort, and ease of moving goods from one floor to another for other family members.
- Residential elevators don’t consume too much space unlike in the past because you can choose from shaftless or small lifts and other compact and easy to install elevators without requiring a separate room for the machine.
- Residential elevators can seamlessly match the décor of a house, regardless if your house has a contemporary design, a smart home, or a classic and elegant style.
Promotes Greater Accessibility and Utmost Convenience
If you have a multi-story home, installing a residential elevator is a practical decision. It allows you to quickly and efficiently access different levels or stories of your property. Also, it gives a full sense of mobility and independence for elderly or older adults, and easy movement for children as well.
A residential elevator is a great addition to your home. It’s a nice feature that is functional, convenient, and safe to use. You and your family members will surely enjoy the convenience that a home elevator brings. Also, benefit from the increased value of your property and smart home design by installing a residential elevator.