According to NYC TV mounting experts, there are some benefits to having your TV mounted on the wall and they are as follows:
1. Saves Space
When you mount your TV on the wall, this means you have less furniture and more space in your room (living room, bedroom, or office). If you want to free up space in your room and make it look less cluttered or crowded, then having your TV mounted to the wall is the best solution.
2. Saves You Money
Mounting your TV to the wall can also save you money because you don’t have to purchase furniture, such as a TV stand, for it. Most TV stands cost around $100-$300 and can take up a lot of space in a room. Imagine how much you can save from having your TV mounted to the wall?
3. Reduces Glare from Light and Sunshine
During certain hours of the day the lighting of your room or the sunlight reflecting from the windows may interfere with your viewing experience by producing glare or making shadows on some parts of the TV screen. You can try to move your TV, but this can be risky since the TV can lose its balance and tip over. But when you mount your TV to the wall with a tilting or full-motion TV mount, you can adjust the angle anytime you want for the best and most comfortable viewing experience.
4. Improves Safety
As we said earlier, moving your TV from your TV stand comes with a risk, but leaving it there when you have kids or pets in the house can be even more risky. Imagine having children running around and playing in the room, when they suddenly hit on the TV stand, tipping over the TV and breaking its screen to pieces. This scenario puts children (and pets) at risk of injuries. For this reason, NYC TV mounting experts suggest that mounting your TV to the wall is the ideal solution for minimizing the risks of accident in your home or apartment.
5. Improve Your Health
We own and use a lot of electronic devices in our day-to-day lives. We have computers, smart phones, tablets, and TVs at our home and office. These devices make it easy for us to perform our daily chores and work tasks. However, the more we use them, the more we expose our eyes and our body to health risks.
When you mount your TV on the wall, you get a better viewing distance at an appropriate height. This allows you to watch and enjoy your TV in the best position possible. You can also adjust it to any position you’re comfortable with.
Having your TV mounted on the wall will give you all the benefits we mentioned above at lower costs and greater experience. If you wish to have your TV installed on the wall, get in touch with a good NYC TV mounting company near you.
Before you finally decide to purchase a TV wall mount, take a look at these 5 important things to consider before you purchase one:
1. What are the VESA requirements?
VESA is the standard television manufacturers use for the mounting hole pattern found at the back of your TV. The most common VESA mounting hole patterns you’ll see in the market include 75x755mm, 100x100mm, 200x100mm, and 200x200mm. Note that these measurements are from left to right, and top to bottom. You can use the user manual as reference for your television or measure the distances yourself. Each wall mount bracket you look at will include their VESA requirements. There are mounts that can even fit VESA mounting patterns up to 750x450mm.
You should also look into the size and weight of your TV. Quality mounts are made using heavy gauge steel plates, arms and hardware. This is why they can carry up to 200lbs of weight.
2. What type of mount are you looking for?
There are a couple of TV mounting brackets you can choose from:
- Low profile –this mount sits on the wall the same way a picture frame would. It is fixed in its position and has a small amount of space between the back of your TV and the wall. The ultra-slim low-profile mounts are able to sit closer to the wall, appearing as sleek as possible.
- Tilting –this type of mount is able to change the viewing direction up or down, anywhere from five to fifteen degrees. If you want to have the option to change the viewing angle up or down, you’d find this type of mount useful.
- Tilt and Swivel –like the tilting mount, the tilt and swivel mount give users the ability to tilt the TV up and down, and swivel left to right. Tilting mounts are also called “corner friendly mounts” because they look great if you have to mount your display in the corner of a room. You can hang these mounts out more than other types of mounts. You can even push them back against the wall.
3. What do you do with all the cables?
Most people prefer to keep their cables out of sign for a cleaner and neater look. It’s actually very easy to hide cables. You can find mounts out there that have sleeves you can run the cables through. You can also buy a couple of wall plates that have inputs for HDMI, component and audio.
4. What kind of wall are you mounting the TV on?
The most common wall type has come with wooden studs that allow you to secure the mount on. You can use a stud finder to locate the studs and mark them with a pencil. If your walls are made of concrete, there are concrete mounting anchors you can use. Some mounts may also come with this type of hardware.
5. Where will you mount your TV?
Lastly, you must figure out exactly where you want to mount your television. If you want to enjoy the best viewing experience, you need to place the mount about eye level from the position you will be viewing the TV from. You should also consider leaving space for surround sound speakers.