Rusting is a chemical process that can make architectural materials such as metals more attractive. Rust is a thin layer of iron oxide that forms on steel when exposed to oxygen and water.
This layer prevents further corrosion and creates an aesthetically pleasing, metallic patina that can be used to create unique looks for buildings. Furthermore, the rusting process is durable and sustainable, making rust-treated architecture attractive for its long life and timeless appeal.
Corten+’s Rust accelerator is used to draw attention to certain elements within a structure or even provide visual continuity throughout, creating an eye-catching flair that adds interest and charm.
Why Should We Use Corten+’s Rust Accelerator?
Several qualities give us solid and logical reasons to use this rust accelerator. The qualities and benefits of this product are the following:
- Acid-free: This quality of being non-acidic makes this product pivot of attention. Because of this quality, this becomes harmless and easy to use for users.
- Less Costly: Using Corten+’s Rust accelerator is much cheaper as compared to other products and methods to get rust accelerated.
- Oxidation Stopper: This is the only product that can stop the oxidation process in metal.
- Efficient: This product is very efficient to use for the best results. You can use 800sq. ft per gal. That makes this one, of the most efficient products in its niche.
- Effective: Rusting, as a result of using this product, gives high-quality rust and does not flake.
- Result-Oriented: You will get the result just after 1 hour of using this product with all types of oxidizing products.
Rust can protect from the elements, such as water and oxygen, by creating an oxide layer that helps to prevent further damage. Additionally, rusting can help protect metal objects by sacrificing themselves to corrosion. Thus saving the underlying material from harm. As such, rusting can be a good thing in certain circumstances.
Rusting can have a beautiful effect on architecture due to its distinctive and eye-catching orange-brown color. This process of corrosion not only adds a layer of texture to the structure, making it visually interesting but also acts as a protective coating against further damage.
This can make structures stand out uniquely while still being durable, making rusting an attractive option when trying to add visual and structural interest to architectural designs.
Benefits of Rust Accelerator in Designing
Rusting has become increasingly popular in modern design due to its wide range of benefits. Rust offers a naturally occurring finish that can be used in combination with other materials and finishes to create unique and textural looks.
Rust also makes up for a more cost-effective option, as it is an organic material that lasts long periods without needing any additional maintenance or care. Rust further has the added benefit of adding color to designs, allowing for more creative possibilities in terms of contemporary urban aesthetics.
Rusting is a common element in design that offers a vast range of benefits that designers can utilize. Rusting can add texture, depth, and color to any design project and brings with it an organic and earthy look.
It has a worn aesthetic that encourages creativity and experimentation. Rusting also gives off vibes of permanence, durability, and stability, all qualities desirable in any modern product or element. Additionally, rusting works great as an accent or focal point within the design to help draw attention to the important elements within it.
How To Speed Up Rusting By Using Corten+’s Rust Accelerator?
Eliminate the grease from the surface if it has been cold rolled
- Sand the surface if it has been hot rolled
- Shake the item well putting it aside certain there is no installment left at the base, before applying the gas pedal, the surface should be completely dry
- Spread the item with a roller and dunk it in the gas pedal
- The layer of the gas pedal should cover the surface uniformly, and not leave drops. If this isn’t true, the oil isn’t sufficiently eliminated and you have not pushed sufficiently with the roller
- Following 30 minutes, the surface will begin to become blue, and oxidation starts, if a few regions are not blue it is because there has not been a sufficient covering
- Following 2 hours, apply water or one more layer of the gas pedal if required, moistness and a temperature above 60°F blessings the oxidation of Corten steel.
- The item is sans corrosive, it just oxidizes the surface and won’t go any more profound. It requires no other item, for example, a stabilizer to stop consumption
- The consumption of the surface will go on for a considerable length of time, the orange tint of the rust will obscure from one day to another to accomplish a hazier shade that is normal for long-lasting rust.
- As an additional choice, to restrict the gamble of dribbling on the floor, you can use a stain
- If the metal is in long-lasting contact with mugginess (wellsprings, plant boxes inside…), it is vital to use a stain so the Corten steel doesn’t break down