In a thousand ways, your home plays a huge role in making you happy and content with your life story. Achieving a sense of place in your home can greatly affect your health and well-being. When reconstructing and reorganizing your home, you should always prioritize making a comfortable environment to live in.
Keep in mind: a house is different from a home, and you’ll definitely prefer the latter. That’s why we have compiled 6 fool-proof tips to ensure maximum comfort in every part of your home:
Keep Indoor Humidity At Ideal Levels
Understanding the concept of humidity and keeping it at ideal levels is important for your family’s health and comfort. Especially, homes in hotter and colder regions should put humidity management as their topmost priority.
Generally, humidity pertains to the amount of water vapor in your home’s surrounding air. During summer, the air holds more moisture thus humidity is higher. In winter, there’s less water in the air, making humidity lower. The optimum humidity level in your home is dictated by your clothing, physical activity, and preference. However, the most ideal humidity level ranges from 45% to 55% humidity.
Here are some tips to take note of during summer humidity:
- Avoid using humidifiers
- Utilize exhaust fans
- Use air conditioning systems to remove moisture indoors
On the other hand, during winter:
- Utilize portable home humidifiers and an overall home humidifier
- Add a few live plants in every room
- Set water basins near your heating systems
Clean, Clean, Clean
There’s no better comfort you can achieve aside from keeping your home clean and tidy every single day. Make it a habit to have a general cleaning at least every week. In your working areas, make sure to clean them afterward and keep things in their proper places.
Your bedroom is an important part of your home that should always be clean, especially your mattress. Choose a comfortable mattress that will suit your sleeping needs through reading in-depth mattress reviews, such as Saatva mattress reviews. Once you have a mattress, don’t forget to change your bedsheets twice to thrice a week.
Additionally, here are some home cleaning tips from professional house cleaners, so you won’t have to hire one:
- Use microfiber cloths in cleaning most home surfaces
- Finish simple tasks on the spot, such as doing the dishes right after meals or taking out the trash when you go out for work
- Highly-trafficked spots should be cleaned more than once every week
- Always clean before you go
Lean Towards Green
Creating a comfortable ambiance is difficult if the theme of your home is dull and muted. To freshen up things, try introducing greenery and colorful blooms into your home. Plants, flowers, and anything with a touch of nature can positively impact your mood and aid in stress relief.
Aside from acting as decorations, house plants can actually give medicinal and health advantages. Thus, opting for these houseplants can amplify benefits that you can gain:
- Aloe Vera: It has a gel-like substance in the inner part of its leaves which can soothe irritated skin and treat frostbite, cold sores, psoriasis, burns, and sunburns.
- Spider Plant: Known for filtering formaldehyde, carbon monoxide, and other toxic impurities found in your indoor air.
- Snake Plant: These plants are popular for improving air quality by converting carbon dioxide to oxygen. Preferably, place them in your bedroom so they can work wonders while you sleep.
Add Proper Lighting
Proper lighting systems are crucial in interior design and it can either make or break the ambiance and mood of your living space. When putting up lightings on your home, take note that specific areas on your home need a different type of lighting, and also dictated by your lifestyle.
Here are some tips in installing comfortable lighting on your home:
- Add bright lighting in working areas since it keeps you focused and awake. It also makes you feel warmer despite constant room temperature.
- Utilize dimmer switches on your bedroom or specific areas where you like to relax and sleep. Dark environments encourage your brain to secrete melatonin for promoting sleep and managing the sleep-wake cycle.
- Use task lighting, or an additional, for working areas to prevent eye strain.
- Add accent lighting for highlighting your favorite spots, such as your fireplace, television and gaming consoles, own painting, family photo, and more.
Whichever type of lighting that you plan to incorporate into your living space, always use smart lights for a more energy-efficient consumption.
Adopt A Pet
Who doesn’t want company and emotional support? No matter how many decorations, lighting, and plants you place on your home, nothing can beat the unconditional love and fulfillment that pets provide for their owners. To make your home comfortable, despite being messy at times, adopt some loving pets to become a part of your family.
Along with having pets are pet owner responsibilities that you have to fulfill. Make sure that you also take care of their health and well-being as much as you would take care of your family. The biggest reminder when adopting pets: don’t adopt if you’re just going to tie them outside your home.
Architects, engineers, and other home building professionals are responsible for constructing your dream house, but it’s entirely up to you how to make it your dream home. With the help of these tips discussed above, make sure that you and your family enjoy living in your home than any other place in the world.