Everyone loves the sweet smoky aroma that comes from an oven when you are cooking using herbs or cinnamon. Cooking using an oven can at times be tricky if you are not used to cooking with the device. However, rather than cooking meat and making crisp cookies, the oven can also help you cook a healthy and sweet dinner or lunch. Below is a list of various healthy dinner recipes you can make using an oven.
1. Oven-Baked Salmon Cakes
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 1 ½ pound of fish fillets
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 1 ½ tsp melted margarine
- 2 tsp chopped parsley
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400F
- Spray the baking dish with a cooking spray and place the fish. Make sure that you use a proper knife for filleting fish.
- Mix mayonnaise, pepper, lime juice, and onion powder in a bowl and lay it over the fish drizzle with butter and sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
- Bake the dish in a 400F oven for 20-25 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley.
- Serve when hot
2. Sweet Potato Pasta Bake
- 3 Large peeled sweet potatoes
- 3 cups marinara
- 2 mild cooked sausages
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 3 handful spinach
- ½ tablespoon black pepper
- 1 ½ cup ricotta cheese
- ¾ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- ½ tablespoon kosher salt
- Mix the marinara sauce, spinach, and sausages in a saucepan and heat till the spinach wilts.
- Mix the black pepper, ricotta, salt, Italian seasoning, 2 tbs of parmesan cheese, and a ¼ cup of mozzarella and put aside.
- Spread 1/3 of the spinach wilt mixture into the baking dish.
- Add half of the sweet potatoes on the mixture.
- On top of the sweet potatoes add ½ of the ricotta mix and a 1/3 of the spinach wilt and repeat the process.
- Scatter the left behind cheese on the uppermost part of the dish, cover using a foil and bake for 30 minutes in 375 preheated oven.
- Remove the top covering and let it bake for another 15 minutes.
- Let it cool for 10 minutes and then serve.
3. Easy peppers and Sausage
- 6 Sausages
- 2 onions
- ½ tablespoon salt
- ¼ tablespoon garlic
- 5.3 -5 red Pepper
- Olive oil
- Place your sausages on a pan.
- Add olive oil, salt, garlic powder, onions, and peppers into the pan and mix.
- Roast the mixture for 45 minutes at 45 degrees.
- Let it cool for 15 minutes then serve.
4. Oven-Baked meatballs
The best part of cooking meatballs with the oven is that you ensure that all meatballs are cooked the same and evenly. Furthermore, you don’t have to flip the meatballs after every minute.
- 1.5 kilograms of ground beef
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl using your hands.
- Roll the mixture to form small meatballs and place them on a baking sheet.
- Bake them in a 400F oven for 25 minutes.
5. Thai coconut-braised potatoes and chicken
- 3 bone chicken thighs
- 6 quarters red potatoes
- 3 tsp olive oil
- ¼ cup sliced onions
- 4 smashed garlic
- 2 chopped tsp ginger
- 2 green chilies
- 2 coconut cups
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- ¼ tsp fish sauce
- 1.4 tsp salt
- 4 stalks cilantro 1 tsp lime juice
- preheat the oven to 350F.
- Mix all spice rub ingredients in a bowl.
- Put the red potatoes in a baking pan, add oil, and a pinch of the spice mix. Bake the mixture in the oven for a maximum of 20 minutes.
- Rub the spice mix on the chicken thighs.
- In a large pan, heat the rest of the oil and put the chicken on the oil for 5 minutes and allow it to turn brown then you remove the chicken.
- Add garlic, onions, chilies, and ginger to the pan and sauté.
- To taste add soy sauce, coconut milk, fish sauce and salt.
- Return the rubbed chicken to the pan and then nestle the baked potatoes and cilantro stalks on the chicken.
- Cover the dish with a foil and bake it. After 20 minutes remove the foil and let the dish bake for another 15 minutes.
- Discard the cilantro leaves from the dish and add drizzle lime juice on top of the dish
- Serve with rice while hot.