Garages are multi-functional and could serve as home offices, hobby areas, game rooms, and band practice stages. This is how the term man cave came to be! Sometimes we wish to isolate ourselves from the world. Or, gather with friends and enjoy some games without any disturbances.
Man caves are like sanctuaries. They are free from the negative impacts of the outside world. Places to unwind and recharge. And, setting up your man cave is easier than ever before! And, what better place for a man cave than the garage?
1. The Idea Of Having A Man Cave
The idea is simple. Some of us are tired of compliance. Our houses feel more like boxes than places for relaxation. Fun is non-existent, and inviting guests causes more problems. Even if none of these issues are present, sometimes we want privacy. This place has a name – a man cave. It is a male sanctuary, where we can do as we please without being a nuisance to everyone else.
Everyday life is often exhausting. It is more than enough having to deal with work, traffic, long lines, and stress. But, our homes are no exceptions. Even here, the stress lingers. If the house lacks an environment of peace and relaxation, then another location will have to do. Here, is where the garage comes in.
2. Some Uses For Man Caves
What are man caves for?
- To have a special place for hanging out with friends
- To use as a home workshop
- Playing online games
- Watching noisy sports
- Creating a home bar for guests
- Practicing songs with the band
- Focusing on hobbies
- Isolating ourselves from the outside world and relaxing in peace
3. Setting Up Your Man Cave
The floor. If you have a concrete floor, it would be best to upgrade it. A cheap alternative would be to use older rugs or carpets. Grass rugs could work nicely as they are cheap and easy to clean. If you want the entire floor to look cool, rubber flooring tiles are amazing. Wood flooring is not the cheapest option but the most appealing.
The walls. Permanent brick walls could work but will cost a lot and take days to construct. Wooden walls are a better alternative. They offer all the benefits while staying on the affordable side. A third option would be to use reed walls. They are extremely cheap and common in tropical regions. The downside is they lack good thermal or noise insulation.
The fourth suggestion is using man cave divider curtains. They are cheaper than most other alternatives and exceptionally stylish. Man cave curtains are easy to customize and by far the best solution. They will keep water, dust, and cold air from entering the man cave. You could move the curtains side-to-side to make way. They can also have a door panel with strips.
Insulation. Speaking of insulation, most of it comes from the walls and floor. One tip worth mentioning is to cover openings in the outdoor walls with spray foam. It is a material for filling in air gaps. Its strength and longevity will make up for it in the long-term.
4. Do Curtains Have Benefits Other Than Privacy?
By using curtains as the walls of man caves, you will benefit like so:
- Vinyl or velour curtains are multiple times cheaper than traditional rigid walls
- These materials are tough and long-lasting
- The curtains will keep the car safe
- Reduce the noise coming from the outside or the house
- The curtains will prevent droplets from forming and keep moisture away
- Save money on energy because the man cave curtains will keep the area warmer in the summer and cooler in the winter
- Curtains are portable. You can re-use them elsewhere in the household should the need arise
- Unlike permanent structures, it takes a few minutes to set up curtain walls
- Unlike permanent structures, there is no need for demolition
- And finally, man cave curtains are easy to clean and almost maintenance-free
5. Adding All The Good Stuff
Home bar. Some things to include in the home bar are wood or metal stools, a large dining table. Perhaps an l-shaped sofa in the corner. The most important thing a home bar needs is a fridge. A mini-fridge would do the trick. A kegerator would be amazing.
TV and projectors. Whether the man cave is a personal retreat or a small movie theater, there should be a TV. A projector with a screen could do nicely if you plan on inviting guests. Consider connecting to great options like movierulz plz as well for finding that perfect movie to watch on your setup.
Sound systems. A standard headset will be fine for personal use, but a larger sound system with individual speakers will be amazing for parties or gaming sessions. Purchasing the speakers individually is ideal as you can replace them one by one should some of them break.
Game tables. You can play a lot of games in the man cave. Play ping-pong, air hockey, quarrel, poker, and so much more.
Garages are natural spaces for games, watching sports, and having fun with friends. That’s why they are popular for man cave construction. With enough planning, you can create an amazing man cave while leaving enough space for the car/s.
With the use of divider curtains, you can set up your new relaxation area in the garage. In the man cave, you will make your own rules and do as you wish.