There is no better way to kick off your day than with toasted bread. For toasties lovers, toasted bread could work anytime as breakfast, lunch, or their daytime snack. However, to make this happen, a bread toaster would be required for toasting the bread and waffles.
What is a bread toaster?
A bread toaster is a small electric appliance designed to expose various types of sliced bread to radiant heat, making them crispier, darker, and tastier.
Different types of bread toaster available
Before considering tossing yourself into the market for a toaster purchase, enough knowledge about different types of toasters would come in handy to make the best choice that would suit your specific needs.
Moreover, the knowledge would help you discern the best toasters from the counterfeits. If you are in Singapore, the availability of a Delonghi bread toaster has made the selection easier.
1. Regular toaster
A regular toaster is a common, small appliance that is used in many homes. The regular toaster can toast from two to four slices of bread at a go. However, most regular toasters work best with regular bread slices with the standard size.
2. A Countertop toaster oven
A countertop toaster oven is great for making toasts. However, it can also be used to prepare other meals like pizza and baking cookies. Unlike the standard ovens, most people prefer a toaster oven for food preparation since it uses less electricity and time.
3. Convection toaster oven
The convection toaster oven is similar to the countertop toaster oven in functionality. The only difference that comes with the convection oven is the in-built fan that evenly distributes hot air inside the oven. The hot air distributed allows the meals to cook faster, and thoroughly.
4. Commercial toaster
Commercial toasters are differently designed for commercial use. Since commercial kitchens and restaurants need high-quality products in large amounts, smaller toasters can find it hard to handle the day-after-day pressure. Therefore, a commercial toaster is the best for this purpose.
Factors to consider when purchasing the best bread toaster
- Size – if you have a bigger family, going for a bigger bread toaster would be the best option to consider. However, if you have a small kitchen space, this might limit you to purchasing a bigger toaster. Going for a smaller, space-friendly toast would be the best option.
- Built quality – the material used for making the toaster would determine its durability. Purchasing a metallic finished toaster would be best compared to a plastic finished one.
- Functionality – There are automatic, and manual toasters available in the market. Going for an automatic one, with a timer would save you the trouble of having to wait until the toasted bread is ready.
- Availability of crumb tray – A crumb tray would save you the problems of unwanted crumbs loading up in your toaster. However, most of the toasters come built with crumb trays.
What are the benefits of a bread toaster?
- It is economic
- It takes little space in the kitchen
- Cleaning is easy and quick
- It is easy to use