Rice is a major staple food all over the world. Many countries have based a lot of their dishes around rice. It is an easy-to-cook food item and is a popular choice for nights when you have nothing special planned. But apart from that, rice is also used in some really delicious and fancy dishes in some countries. Rice is most popular in Asian countries, where it is thought to have originated from.
Being as popular as it is, and you probably wanting to be able to cook it yourself, you clicked on this post for some help on buying a rice cooker. Well rest assured, this post will cover some of the best rice cookers you can get right now. Both non-electric (pressure cookers) and electric rice cookers will be listed here, so you can decide which one suits you best. So, here is a list of some top-notch rice cookers you might like to buy one from.
So, now that you’ve browsed through the lineup of some of the nicest pressure cookers and rice cooker money can buy, you must be wondering what you should look out for or consider before placing an order.
1. Difference Between Pressure Cookers And Rice Cookers
So, you might be wondering what exactly the difference is between a pressure cooker and an electric rice cooker. After all, they both cook rice. Pressure cookers work on being heated and sealed. When the liquid inside the pressure cooker evaporates it creates steam, but due to the seal it can’t escape. The rice absorbs this and becomes soft. When the liquid is completely gone the rice has been cooked.
Rice cookers use their own internal heating system, like a heating coil, to heat up the contents. They are mostly only made to cook different forms of rice and perhaps small dishes that go with rice. Though they are convenient to use, especially because of their timers and automatic heating systems, they might not cook food as fast as a pressure cooker. Also, with rice cookers being made specifically for rice, you won’t be able to cook other dishes, or at least not as well as with a pressure cooker.
2. Which Should You Buy
If you are not just going to rely on rice a lot, and just want a cooker to cook multiple dishes quickly, a pressure cooker is a good enough bet. Pressure cookers are quite fast at cooking food and are relatively simple to learn and use daily. If you just want to stick to the stove in your kitchen, and have some time everyday to keep an eye on your pressure cooker, you really can’t go wrong with getting one for yourself.
However, there is no reason you shouldn’t go for an electric rice cooker either, especially if you are going to rely heavily on rice. Rice cookers have evolved a lot with time, and now are extremely handy kitchen appliances. If you don’t want to bother yourself with the hassle of having to check the pressure of the cooker every few minutes, and just simply want as minimum interaction as possible, an electric rice cooker is the best deal. Not only are more and more rice cookers getting adept at cooking other food items like meat, veggies, and soup, but their automatic working provides a lot of peace of mind. Their settings to keep rice warm, their delay timers, and their multifunctional use make them almost unbeatable.
And electric rice cookers can be really cheap as well if budget is your issue. If you are looking for the perfect rice cooking machine, one that can serve up excellent rice each time and has built-in modes specifically for cooking rice, an electric rice cooker is the way to go for you. The choice is yours of course, but if cooking rice is your main concern, you are much more likely to be at ease with a rice cooker in your kitchen.
If you are deciding to buy an electric rice cooker, you should consider what is important to you when in the kitchen. Do you just want a simple rice cooker that gets the job done, or do you want a state-of-the-art beast of a machine that will leave guests wondering why you don’t open up a restaurant of your own. There are a ton of varieties available, and you should definitely read the descriptions thoroughly and skim through the reviews as well. Whichever one you pick though, you will receive everything you need to become a rice connoisseur overnight, as well as improve your meals by a huge factor.
- Stainless steel build.
- Pressure regulator continually keeps pressure at optimum levels.
- Comes with an instruction/recipe booklet.
- Cooks food to perfection and keeps meat tender.
- Shaped so it can be easily used on smooth top stoves.
- Can be washed in a dishwasher.
- Cover lock prevents it from being opened when inside is pressurized.
- Has aluminum between two sheets of stainless steel to ensure equal heating.
- Made of stainless steel.
- Keeps internal pressure regulated with a pressure regulator.
- Made to be used on all kinds of stoves.
- Tri-clad base ensures equal heating in the cooker.
- Has an efficient ‘Quick Cool’ option.
- Pressure lock keeps lid locked when internal area is pressurized.
- Also has a steaming basket which allows you to cook multiple foods at once.
- Easy to use for experts as well as beginners.
- Shape of pressure cooker allows it to be used on every kind of stove.
- Has a useful pressure gauge on top which measures and displays internal pressure.
- Air vent lock only allows pressurizing when lid is properly sealed.
- Air vent lock only allows the lid to be opened when internal pressure has subsided.
- Incorporates durable aluminum in its build which ensures long life and even heating.
- Ships with an instruction/recipe booklet.
- Extra large size allows large quantities of food to be cooked.
- High-quality stainless steel build.
- Aluminum used to evenly deliver heat across the pressure cooker.
- Flat base shape allows this pressure cooker to be used on any kind of stove surface.
- Includes a booklet containing instructions and recipes.
- Has a handy pressure gauge installed on the lid which displays the internal pressure at all times.
- Large size pressure cooker, other sizes available.
- Made of high-quality durable aluminum.
- Clamps on the lid make sure the lid doesn’t come off easily.
- Can be easily cleaned.
- Creates a perfect vacuum seal and prevents any air from escaping.
- Has a pressure gauge installed to allow you to check the pressure value at any time.
- Pressure regulator keeps pressure in check according to user-defined value.
- 6 cup (cooked) and 3 cup (uncooked) capacity, other sizes available.
- Rice cooker keeps rice warm after they have been cooked so they remain ready to be served.
- Internal pot is nonstick and can be washed in a dishwasher.
- Can cook other food items as well, like vegetables and fish.
- Comes with a rice measuring cup.
- Also includes a spoon to scoop out rice without scratching the internal pot.
- Versatile cooker that even allows you to make cake.
- Easy to use and set up.
- Extremely simple to program.
- Keeps rice warm after they have been cooked.
- Internal pot is nonstick.
- Includes a rice measuring cup as well as a plastic spatula to take out rice with.
- Also includes an aluminum steam tray for cooking of multiple foods.
- Glass lid allows you to pore inside and keep an eye on the contents.
- Capacity of 8 cups of cooked rice.
- Allows you to steam meat or vegetables in the included steam basket while rice cooks below.
- Comes with preprogrammed settings allowing you to cook food at the press of a button.
- Can make some other dishes as well as rice.
- Internal pot is nonstick and dishwasher friendly.
- Comes with a rice measuring cup and a plastic spatula to take out the rice with.
9. Aroma Housewares ARC-914SBD 2-8-Cups (Cooked) Digital Cool-Touch Rice Grain Cooker and Food Steamer
- Multifunctional cooker that allows you to cook a variety of dishes, including cake.
- Possesses a wide variety of options for your rice, like slow-cooking and sauté-then-simmer.
- Simple to use and comes with lots of preprogrammed options.
- Automatically keeps rice warm after it’s been cooked.
- Includes nonstick internal pot and steaming tray.
- Also comes with a rice measuring cup and plastic spatula.
- Can time the cooker to suit your day’s routine.
- Comes with recipes and coupons.
- Serves up to six people, with other sizes available.
- Includes a ton of features and replaces up to seven other kitchen appliances.
- Automatically adjusts pressure, temperature, and duration to get the perfect results each time.
- Can make yogurt in addition to sautéing and steaming rice.
- All included accessories are dishwasher safe and the lid is fingerprint-proof stainless steel.
- Comes with a steaming tray that also has handles for easy serving.
- Also includes a rice measuring cup, a soup spoon, and a serving spoon.
- Combines around six other kitchen appliances into one.
- Adjusts the cooking method itself, leaving you free to focus on other tasks.
- Keeps rice warm after it has been cooked.
- Sautéing, slow cooking, and other features included.
- Aluminum between stainless steel base evenly distributes the heat along the base.
- Perfect seal traps pressure as well as flavors and aromas inside, creating delectable food.
- Capacity of around 5.5 cups of rice.
- Keeps rice warm after they are done cooking.
- Reheats rice if they get cold.
- Interior is stainless steel and easy to clean too.
- Has a retractable power cord as well as melody and beeping settings that can be changed.
- Produces restaurant quality fluffy and delicious rice.
- Can be used to make other dishes as well, including cake.
- Ships with a steamer tray as well for concurrent cooking of two different food items.
- Inner pot is nonstick and can easily be cleaned.
- Inner lid is also removeable for easy cleaning.
And that wraps up our guide on buying the right rice cooker for you. Hopefully you not only found some nice products to choose from, but also learned something interesting along the way. The power to create fantastic rice can be yours pretty soon, and your kitchen will be just that much more efficient.
Interested in how some methods of cooking came about? We have a piece on the history and benefits of slow cooking and crock pots. Looking to upgrade your kitchen a bit more? Why not check out some small kitchen appliances that don’t take up much room?